Friday, May 6, 2011

Awkward birthday invites.

It's that time of the year again.
The time of the year I cherish yet detest at the same time.
It's my birthday.
On the 30th of May, actually. Not today.
I used to love my birthday pre-secondary. When I first heard in secondary that we get off on the first week of June, I thought to myself "WOW! That's amazing!"
Of course, since that's the rule in my school, it also means that the term tests ARE ALWAYS on my birthday. Which sucks hugely because I have to study on my birthday and shit that should be illegal to do on your birthday.
I hate my birthday. I was supposed to be born June 6th, but apparently I was giving my mum diabetes. Which is bad apparently.

Speaking of secondary, I'm beginning to loathe primary school students.
Not because I'm jealous (which I totally am), they seem to have no idea of the concept that I HAVE NO FREE TIME DURING EXAMS.
I have a friend, Sinéad who's in 6th class. She's going to secondary next year. She's been my best friend since she was in nappies and I was om-nom-nomming on gingerbread men.
I get the feeling she thinks I don't want to be her friend because I always say, "I'm studying." while I'm really doing pot with magic teapots.
Anyway, back to my birthday.
I'm planning on inviting people to my party (no shit) but... I'm REALLY terrible at asking them.
I just get nervous, I feel like a 9 year old again. I don't have a choice but to refer to it as a party...

Birthdays suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment